Venue Administration Assistant
Employment Terms: Full Time
Salary: LPA Level 3
Arts Area: Performing Arts
Job Area: Administration
The Sunnybank Community and Sports Club, with funding assistance from Brisbane City Council (BCC), has built a new arts facility at its premises in McCullough Street, Sunnybank. The new development, officially opened in October 2016 and called SunPAC, is a 300 seat theatre designated for community and commercial use. The facility also has a foyer and courtyard areas available for hire, and a rehearsal/meeting room available.
Email job to a friend
Save job to My Foyer
The vision for SunPAC is to provide quality performance and entertainment to engage and celebrate an inclusive Brisbane. It will provide a new local hub for community activities, celebrating the rich diversity of its home in Sunnybank. At the heart of its performance and cultural program, will be engaging experiences that extend beyond a ticket buying transaction.
It will embrace corporate and cultural events and celebrations, provide a platform for workshops, classes and performances and be a source of community pride. It will be unashamedly local and the central pillar of cultural life in Brisbane’s southside.
Position Reports to: Business Development Manager, SunPAC
Liaises Externally with: Commercial and Community Hirers, community and ticket buyers
Liaises Internally with: SunPAC employees, SCSC Finance team.
• Assist the Business Development Manager with potential venue hirers and respond to requests for information;
• Liaise with confirmed hirers to ensure that technical specifications, public liability and contracts are signed in a timely manner; and
• Prepare invoices and contracts for confirmed hirers.
• Assist with box office functions including phone sales, and daily ticket reconciliations.
Finance and Administration
• Liaise with the Finance team of the Sunnybank Community and Sports Club to ensure timely accounts payable and receivable;
• Assist with show settlement and disbursement process, file management and data collection; and
• Reconcile ticketing income and prepare banking.
The Venue Administration Assistant will possess the experience and skills to work collaboratively with community organisations and other arts organisations in a start-up environment.
The Venue Administration Assistant will possess the following:
- Demonstrated interest in working in a performing arts venue;
- High level of computer skills, knowledge of computer office systems, Microsoft suite and strong keyboard skills;
- High level of literacy and numeracy skills, with keen attention to detail;
- A professional appearance and a customer service orientation; and
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
|Applications Close: 4pm 27/01/2017
|How to apply
The following option/s are available for submitting an application:
||By Email to:
||Sarah Boon, firstname.lastname@example.org