Employment Terms: Full Time
Salary: on application
Arts Area: Festivals, Music, Performing Arts
Job Area: Administration, Production / Technical
You will be a key member of a dynamic and focused production team, working closely with internal technical and programming staff and providing logistics support for productions and events presented at Brisbane Powerhouse. Your leadership and skills will bring out the best in your team and colleagues, and deliver key business and creative outcomes for the organisation.
Email job to a friend
Save job to My Foyer
KEY RESULT AREAS
• To work collaboratively as part of the Technical Services team to support the Technical Director and Artistic Director in ensuring the development and delivery of a Brisbane Powerhouse program that balances artistic integrity and excellence with best possible financial outcomes.
• Coordinate, manage and implement the technical, logistical and operational requirements of the productions and events presented under your management at Brisbane Powerhouse.
• Produce and manage project timelines and production schedules and coordinate and oversee production personnel in consultation with peer production and technical staff.
• Provide technical advice within agreed budgets developed or overseen by the Technical Director, and assist any external presenters to develop all essential technical documentation required by Brisbane Powerhouse.
• Contribute to ensuring the provision of a safe and effective venue for all staff, theatrical and event clients, patrons and members of the public visiting Brisbane Powerhouse.
• Demonstrated experience and understanding of the Live Performance industry, and knowledge of its unique production opportunities and challenges.
• Formal qualifications relevant to production management and/or a minimum of five years relevant experience in theatrical and venue production management either based in a theatre company, large venue, major festival and/or entertainment environment.
• Knowledge of production requirements for live theatre and music, touring, festivals, large scale events, corporate functions, outdoor events and significant visual arts exhibitions as well as a demonstrated ability to develop and administer production management processes and production budgets with minimal guidance for a busy mid-sized cultural facility.
• Highly developed written, oral and computer communications skills with the ability to negotiate and liaise successfully and provide high quality customer service to diverse clientele.
• Knowledge of Brisbane Powerhouse's cultural product and opportunities within the Brisbane market.
• Strong client service, leadership and interpersonal skills, high level of accuracy and attention to detail, and the ability to problem solve and trouble shoot technical complexities in a dynamic environment.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively within a team and contribute positively to team operations and working relationships.
• The Ability to contribute ideas and demonstrate initiative and flexibility.
• Evidence of appropriate certificates, including First Aid, Working At Heights, Fork Lift Ticket, as well as EWP and “C” Class driver’s license and Blue Card.
Live Performance Award 2010. This is a full time position.
|Applications Close: 5pm 28/04/2017
|How to apply
The following option/s are available for submitting an application:
||By Email to:
||Ang Kirkland, firstname.lastname@example.org